Saturday, September 16

one of my favorite Saddleback moments...


As I was sitting at the 4:30pm service today, one of my favorite moments played out right in front of my eyes.
Part A) Pastor Rick, talking about our past, referenced the modern day poets "the Backstreet Boys", by saying "looking back on the things I've done, I was trying to be someone... I smiled and nodded.
Part B) Cue the music in between points. Yes, Backstreet Boys "Shape of my Heart". Brilliant. If only AJ was there to sing it live.

On a more serious note... Erik Rees shared about his past and what shaped him growing up... it was really cool to hear him open up and see where God has taken him in his life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathi said...

This could be the most innovative point and play yet...

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you loved that song, don't try to play it otherwise!

3:51 PM  
Blogger David Hughes said...

I remember eating in the green room before they were going to sing that song at one of the services and trying not to laugh when the singers were practicing all the harmonies together.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home