Tuesday, July 25

the day noise-cancelling failed me

Before heading off on this trip I went and bough some noise-canceling headphones from Best Buy, thinking they would cure the aeroplane noise and the noise of others around me. Everything was going great, until the English-speaking French woman behind me started talking. Unfortunately, she started talking as soon as we got on the plane and hadn’t stopped talking when we arrived in Papeete. That s 8 hours of talking. Every other noise was cancelled, but the makers of Sony headphones had not accounted for her annoying pitch when constructing these things. Topics ranged from crochet, to the crappy American school system.
To top things off, everyone had their shutters down for the flight, to keep it nice and dark, as it was light the whole way there. She opened and closed her shutter (the only person in the cabin to do this) a number of times, and each time she did it, I thought the rapture was going to happen. I thought Jesus had come back three separate times on our flight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home