Tuesday, October 3

the people you meet on planes


Well, I am at DFW on my way to Atlanta and one of the first people I saw in the airport had a large black cowboy hat on. To my story...
I usually don't talk to people I sit next to on planes, even when I travel with my wife! Today I thought I would stike up a conversation with the old guy next to me who was travelling with his wife who had a voice not unlike Marge's sister from The Simpson's. Here are some highlights from the conversation...
- he was 70something years old, but broke the ice by asking if I preferred a Mac or a PC
- he asked me why, and was actually tracking the conversation
- he was concerned about what gate to transfer to in Dallas
- she was concerned that the airport was non-smoking as she was dying for a cigarette
- he used to work at Costa del Sol golf club in Mission Viejo (on Marguerite)
- he buys bagels from Bagels and Brew and then freezes them
- he is a former marine and fought in the Korean War
- his son designs outdoor signage and created the Coca-Cola sign in Times Square
- he likes to read blogs, and does so for a coule of hours, each and every morning

What an amazing man... who knows who I will sit next to on the next flight from Dallas to Atlanta?!

1 Comments:

Blogger NoBadDaysCourtney said...

ahh that's nothing...one time I posted a blog 3 times!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home