Saturday, July 8

a tale of two cultures

Last night Jana, Bella and I ventured to a wedding reception for our friends Francisco & Monica, in the LBC (Long Beach). Francisco is Mexican, and Monica is Cambodian. It may be the first time a Mexican and a Cambodian have ever tied the knot.
I didn't understand most of the speeches, as they were in Khmer and Spanish, but I did enjoy watching Franciso's family staring down the entree of jellyfish and other seafood delicacies wondering what happened to chips and salsa!
We left a little early as we had Bella and found a Coco's nearby. Being at Coco's late at night almost made me want to go back and eat jellyfish.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And to think I passed on this wedding for one in Pennsylvania where we all wore camo at the wedding and hunted our own reception dinners.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home